If you think you have had enough of Instagram and would like to deactivate or delete the Instagram account, we will show you how t0 delete Instagram account permanently from app or browser. We will first guide to download your Instagram account data and then to deactivate or delete Instagram account easily. You can also check our another article “how to see follow requests sent on Instagram” on our blog.
You can either deactivate or delete your Instagram account. Remember you cannot retrieve your account or any account data from your account once you delete it. However, you can download your account data before deleting your Instagram account. When you deactivate your account, you can always reactivate your account by logging into your account with same username and password.
Also see: how to delete facebook account?
Deactivating or deleting your Instagram account on phone or PC is an easy method. All you have to do is to follow each step properly.
Table of contents:
- Download account data from the Instagram account.
- Deactivate Instagram account.
- Delete Instagram Account Permanently from App.
Download account data from the Instagram account
1. Log into your Instagram account from the Instagram app.
2. Click your profile.
3. Now click on the menu or the three dots on the top corner.
4. Now scroll down to “data download” option and tap on it.
5. Then enter your email and click “request download” option.
6. Enter your password to confirm and your account data will start downloading.
7. Now you can go ahead to deactivate or delete the Instagram account.
Deactivate Instagram account
1. For disabling or temporarily deactivating your Instagram account you need to login to your Instagram account from an internet browser. For this, just go to instagram.com from your browser and log in to your Instagram account with your Instagram username and password.
2. After successfully logging in to your Instagram account, tap contact.
3. Click on edit profile.
4. Scroll down and tap “temporarily disable my account” option.
5. Now select a reason, enter your password and tap “temporarily disable account” option.
Delete Instagram Account Permanently from App
1. Log in to your Instagram account from the Instagram app.
2. Tap on your profile and then click on the menu or the three dots on the top.
3. Scroll down and tap help center, this will redirect you to your Instagram account through a browser.
4. Tap “managing your account” option.
5. Now tap “delete your account” option.
6. Then tap “How do I delete my account” as shown in the image below;
7. Scroll down and tap ” Go to the delete your account page” option.
8. Again you will be redirected to your account through the browser. Now select the reason, enter your account password and then tap on “permanently delete my account” option.
Thus in the above three ways, you can download account data and then deactivate or delete your Instagram account permanently. If you face any difficulty in any of the above steps, you can leave a comment below. You can also contact us in the contact section. Feel free for any queries or suggestions.