Do you want to change the alternate number of your Jio sim? You can change the alternate number associated with your Jio sim either from “My Jio” App or from “jio.com” website. In this article, we will show you how to change alternate number in Jio sim.
This alternate number can be sometimes used for receiving OTP when you log in to “Jio voice” app from a device in which your Jio sim is not inserted.
How to change alternate number in Jio from “My Jio” App
1. Insert the Jio sim card (the sim card of which you want to change the alternate number) into a smartphone.
2. Download and install “My Jio” app from google play store on the same smartphone.
3. Open the app.
4. Give the permissions to the app by tapping allow and proceed.
5. Click on the menu or the three lines on the top left.
6. Tap on settings.
7. Now tap on account settings.
8. Tap either “alternate contact home” or “alternate contact work” option.
9. Enter the number which you want to set as the alternate contact of your Jio sim.
10. Tap on Submit.
How to change alternate number in Jio from “jio.com” website
1. Go to the jio.com website.
2. From the top right, click on sign in.
3. Enter your Jio number and click on get OTP.
4. Enter the OTP that you have received on your Jio number and click on sign in.
5. On the top right, select profile settings from the drop-down menu.
6. Under personal details tap edit Alternate Contact as shown below;
7. Enter the new alternate number and tap Update.
Thus in the above two ways, you can easily change the alternate number of your Jio sim card. If you face any difficulty in any of the above steps you can leave a comment below. you can also contact us in the contact section.