Do you want to add blogger blog in google webmaster tools? Do you know how to verify blogger in google webmaster tools easily? If you are not sure how to do that, don’t worry we will show you how to do that and verify the same.
Do know how much important is it to verify blog in google webmaster tools? Your site will only be indexed in google after adding your blogger blog in google webmaster tools. Once you add and verify your blogger blog in google webmaster tools you need to submit sitemaps to google. Remember it will take some days before you can actually see your posts and pages listed in the google search engine.
Also, see; how to change primary email in blogger.
Below is the step by step guide, make sure you follow all the steps properly.
Verify blogger in google webmaster tools
1. Go to blogger.com.login to your blogger account with your Gmail account.
2. Now in the blogger dashboard click settings.
3. Then tap search preferences below the settings.
4. Now after clicking on search preferences locate the google search console under crawlers and indexing section.
5. Click on edit and It will take you to google webmaster tools or google search console.
6. Now register by signing in with same Gmail which you use for blogger account login.
7. Then click add property.
8. Enter your blog address. for example, if my blog address is purelearner.blogspot.com, I will enter www.purelearner.blogspot.com as shown below;
9. Once you enter your complete blogger address then click on the add button.
10. Now you have to verify the ownership of the property or blog which you have added in google search console.
11. For this, locate the HTML tag, which will either be the recommended method or the alternate method.
12. After clicking on HTML tag copy the meta tag as shown below;
13. Now again go to your blogger dashboard.
14. Click on themes and then tap on edit HTML
15. Now locate google analytics in the HTML code of your theme and paste the HTML code (which you have copied in step 12) inside the <head> section before the <body> section as shown below;
16. Paste the meta tag that you copied in step 12, (just after “google-analytics’/>”) as shown in the above image.
17. Then click on save changes.
18. Now go back to the property verification tab (step 12) in google search console and click on verify. This will show the status as verified.
Thus in this way you have successfully verified your blogger blog with google webmaster tools. If you face any difficulty in any of the above steps, you can leave a comment below. You can also contact us in the contact section. Feel free for any queries or suggestions.